Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Feather Rex

I recently came across this posting on Geekologie that announced a recent scientific theory that the T-Rex had feathers all over its body.  As gut-wrenchingly-not-awesome-looking as Deinonychus / Velociraptors turned out looking like after they discovered their feathers.  I was completely content in my Stephen Spielberg molded world of scaly thunder lizards without fur, then SCIENCE had to come in waving its matter-of-fact bubble-popping stick and makes the world a little less mystical.

In an effort to belittle the beast I once revered as awesome and not-stupid-looking (I even got over the tiny arms - our relationship transcended physical ridiculousness boundaries), I decided to do my own rendition of the Featherpillowsaurus' likeness:

(Click for full view)
After finishing, I took the liberty of ripping myself off by recycling the image into this week's Dino Bytes comic for The Springfield Paper / The Outlook.

(Click for full view)
This comic is also a struggling defense excuse my brain fabricated about what really happened surrounding this 'discovery'.  It's obvious that a T-Rex's jerk co-workers at the lab were just trying to punk him for a cheap laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment