Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dino Rage

Here is my contribution to the web comic world.  I don't want to get too attached, though, so I only made one frame.

If I were a dinosaur, I think I would do more than just yell at our current neighbors, with their pension for yelling at their small children on the lawn at 2am. (right click -> view image to see more detail)
This originated from trying to get my nearly-two-year-old daughter to eat in some strange and unrelated way. We were trying to get her to eat her dinner, but all she wanted to do was stomp around with her arms tucked up into her chest roaring like a dinosaur.  Trying to coax her with the idea that all dinosaurs LOVE roast beef, a spasm in my brain that told me I had to make a propaganda poster to tell kids whatever message I wanted by exploiting how awesome dinosaurs are.

At first the plan was to have a T-Rex shredding into a piece of pizza with cheese gooping off of his teeth and a glazed look in his eyes and the bold statement running alongside it that blatantly read:

"DINOSAURS F#@*ING LOVE PIZZA".

Thinking back on it though, I think broccoli would be funnier. That's just absurd.


After working on the line-art and getting into working with the references I wound up liking the design of this raptorish guy, and the pose was just right for a crotchety old man so this ended up being the case.

The originally intended piece and many millions of recycled copies of this dinosaur wearing different costumes will definitely be in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment